The New Jersey State Website is continually updated with regards to small business grants from local jurisdictions and counties for relief due to COVID-19. To get the latest CLICK HERE. VID-19 Small Business Grants. Here is some information from the County’s webpage but go to each website to learn more:
The primary purpose of this program is to assist the community response to the coronavirus pandemic by providing support to Middlesex County small businesses. The County intends to disburse a total of $30 million in grants for loss of revenue, verifiable expenses incurred, and/or continuation of services through this latest round of CARES Act Funds. Funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and capped at a total funding amount of $30,000 per application. The first eligibility period will be March 6 – July 31 with additional refunding periods being offered based on availability of funds.
- Independently or family-owned businesses with no more than 50 employees
- Documented business interruption as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and related emergency declaration, resulting in financial loss.
- Businesses must have been opened prior to December 31, 2019 and operating on March 1, 2020
- Businesses deemed “non-essential” within the classification of “Businesses Required to Close” as per the Governor’s Executive Order No. 104, dated March 16, 2020
- Must be a Sole Proprietorship, LLC/LLP, S-Corporation, Corporation, Non-profit* or Partnership
- Active businesses physically located in Middlesex County, with a net annual business income of less than $1,000,000 based on their 2019 federal tax return
There is much more detail on the Middlesex County’s website HERE
According to the New Jersey State website the other local grants currently available are:
City of Perth Amboy
Grants up to $3,500 available for local businesses impacted by COVID-19 on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Perth Amboy COVID-19 Small Business Grant Application is currently open. More information available on the Perth Amboy website.
The Jersey City CARES Act Small Business Grant program will provide grants of up to $20,000 to for-profit businesses. Applications will be accepted through September 2020.
- Home-based, mobile and brick-and-mortar businesses are eligible for this funding.
- All required documentation must be attached to the application when submitted, or the application will be deemed invalid.
- The applying business must have been opened as of March 15, 2020 and must be open at the time of submitting the application. The applying business will use its best efforts to continue operating and not layoff or furlough its employees through August 31, 2020.
- An applying business cannot have more than 25 full-time employees (not more than 1,000 hours per week) as of March 15th, 2020.
- If an applying business has received funds from any government or private source or insurance for reimbursement of Eligible Expenses, then these CARE Act Small Business Grant funds cannot be used for those expenses. However, businesses can still apply for the other Eligible Expenses that have not been reimbursed.
Jersey City Economic Development Corporation staff will hold office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to assist in completing applications. To schedule an appointment contact Florence Baron at email@example.com or Jennifer Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org