Ohio Governor Mike DeWine is thanking NFIB members for helping in the fight against COVID-19 by adhering to the safety protocols to protect their employees and customers. Please click the picture below to watch a video message from the governor.
5 PROTOCOLS FOR ALL BUSINESSES:
- Require face coverings for employees and recommend them for clients/customers at all times.
- Conduct daily health assessments by employers and employees (self-evaluation) to determine if “fit for duty.”
- Maintain good hygiene at all times – hand washing, sanitizing and social distancing.
- Clean and sanitize workplaces throughout workday and at the close of business or between shifts.
- Limit capacity to meet social distancing guidelines.
- Establish maximum capacity.
- And, use appointment setting where possible to limit congestion.
TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS WHEN A COVID-19 INFECTION IS IDENTIFIED:
- Immediately report employee or customer infections to the local health district.
- Work with local health department to identify potentially exposed individuals to help facilitate appropriate communication/contact tracing.
- Shutdown shop/floor for deep sanitation if possible.
- Professionally clean and sanitize site/location.
- Reopen in consultation with the local health department.