More massive energy cost increases coming to small businesses.
The California Air Resources Board is on track to adopt major regulations over the next few months that have the potential to drive businesses out of California, result in job losses, increase the cost of living, and spike energy prices.
The collective business community has deep concerns with CARB’s Climate Change Scoping Plan. The decisions made and the path chosen will have a profound impact on all Californians, dictating how they must run their businesses, what cars they can drive, where they can live, and what stove they can cook with. Life as we know it in California will be altered going forward.
Major implications for businesses and individuals in California, include:
- Increased costs to businesses, especially in the agricultural and transportation sectors
- Loss of more than 85,000 jobs
- Higher utility costs disproportionately affecting inland and rural communities
- Elimination of consumer choice by mandating electric vehicles, appliances, residential, and commercial buildings
- Worsening of our electric grid reliability by pushing electrification without infrastructure in place, thus increasing the likelihood power outages
Please submit your thoughts and opinions to the California Air Resources Board before May 31.
Click the picture below to submit your comments.