How did Louisiana legislators vote on small business issues?
Are your state legislators working for small business? NFIB/Louisiana recently released the Voting Record for the 2014-2015 legislation sessions, which covers roll-call votes on 13 key issues:
1. HB 799—Contingency Fee Contracts (NFIB supported): Passed House and Senate and signed by governor
2. HB 1048—Construction Code Conformity (NFIB supported): Passed House and Senate and signed by governor
3. SB 299—Lawsuit Lending (NFIB opposed): Passed House and failed Senate
4. HCR 8—Sales Tax Exemption (NFIB opposed): Passed House and Senate
5. HB 805—Inventory Tax Credit (NFIB supported): Passed House and Senate and signed by governor
6. HB 1—Medicaid Expansion (NFIB opposed): Failed House
7. HB 1—Medicaid Expansion (NFIB supported): Passed Senate (Bill repealed a resolution passed earlier in session to expand Medicare)
8. HB 828—Corporate Franchise Tax Phase Out (NFIB supported): Passed House and returned to calendar in Senate
9. HB 917—Jury Trial Threshold (NFIB opposed): Failed House
10. HB 1019—Expropriation Powers (NFIB opposed): Failed House
11. SB 426—Usage of Settlement Services (NFIB opposed): Failed Senate
12. SB 219—Equal Pay for Employment (NFIB opposed): Passed Senate and defeated in House Labor and Industrial Relations Committee
13. SB 13—Firefighter Retirement Reform (NFIB supported): Passed Senate and failed in House Retirement Committee
The Voting Record found five members of the Louisiana legislature earned a 100 percent: Sen. Neil Riser (32nd District), Rep. Stuart Bishop (43rd District), Rep. Paul Hollis (104th District), Rep. Barry Ivey (65th District) and Rep. Julie Stokes (79th District). Another 53 members of the legislature voted to support small business at least 70 percent of the time.
See how your legislators voted—and share with family, friends, employees and other business owners—by downloading the NFIB/Louisiana Voting Record.