Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey recently put out a call for qualified Arizonans with an interest in serving on the state’s Game & Fish Commission. The openings have specific residency qualifications based on which of Arizona’s 15 counties the appointees live in.
Those interested in serving and reside in Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Mohave, Navajo, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yavapai counties have until October 7 to apply at http://bc.azgovernor.gov/
Don’t hunt or fish?
Your service is still needed.
There are more than 200 state boards and commissions like Game & Fish that serve as citizen oversight of state regulators and in some cases set policy. Getting pro-free-market individuals appointed to these posts is essential to ensuring that Arizona maintains and enhances its friendliness to small businesses.
That means our NFIB-member, small-business owners have a unique opportunity with this governor to maximize our influence and impact on the direction of many relatively obscure but critically important and powerful state panels, such as the 25 of the more than 200 State Boards and Commissions below:
- Archaeology Advisory Commission, Governor’s
- Arts, Arizona Commission on the
- Citizens Transportation Oversight Committee
- Education for Military Children, State Council on the
- Equalization, State Board of
- Executive Clemency, Board of
- Groundwater Users Advisory Council,
- Homeland Security Advisory Committee
- Insurance Guaranty Fund Board
- Judicial Conduct, Commission on
- Juvenile Justice Commission, Arizona
- Navigable Stream Adjudication Commission, Arizona
- Parents Commission On Drug Education and Prevention, Arizona
- Parkways and Historic and Scenic Roads Advisory Committee
- Prevent Violence Against Women, Commission to
- Property Tax Oversight Commission
- Prosecuting Attorneys Advisory Council
- Regulatory Review Council, Governor’s
- Rural Business Development Advisory Council
- Tax Appeals, State Board of
- Tourism Advisory Council
- Transportation Board, State
- Trial Court Appointments (Maricopa, Pima and Pinal counties)
- Urban Land Planning Oversight Committee
- Workforce Arizona Council
Visit the Governor’s Boards and Commissions webpage
for all current vacancies. If the panel or panels that you or someone in your orbit are interested in does not currently have an opening do not be discouraged. Vacancies occur all the time and the governor is constantly looking for good people to fill these posts.
The NFIB/Arizona state office can help members navigate the appointment process. Please send an email to Farrell.Quinlan@NFIB.org with your resume and listing of boards and commissions you are interested in serving on, regardless if they have a current vacancy.
Though we make no promises, being unofficially “sponsored” by NFIB can help distinguish your application among many similarly qualified candidates with Governor Ducey’s staff.