Submit your small business questions and receive personalized assistance
From HR to compliance to healthcare, taxes and grants, legal issues, and employee relations, owners are constantly facing problems that aren’t always easy to solve. NFIB is here to help. Our small business Supportline, reachable at info@NFIB.org or 800-634-2669 (800-NFIB-NOW) is available to assist small business owners.
This fantastic resource helps answer your questions about any of the daily challenges you face running your business. We respond to around 50 inquiries a month, each one brought by a business owner like you.
”The Supportline is an invaluable resource for any small business owner,” said Beth Milito, Senior Executive Counsel of the NFIB Small Business Legal Center. “We do research for you and help you chart the best path forward for resolving the issue.”
Some common topics that are asked of the Supportline:
- Questions about the Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC), a federal program that offers as much as $33,000 in tax savings per employee to owners
- Questions about approval or forgiveness for loans such as the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Questions about taxation, such as what to do about missed filings or how to deal with an IRS audit
- Labor questions, such as how to write a contract or how to contend with a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) complaint
- COVID-19 related questions, such as vaccination policy or a procedure when a positive COVID-19 occurs at your business
When you message the NFIB Legal Center’s Supportline, your question will be seen or heard by a real person. While we cannot provide legal advice or representation, we can provide general information on laws and regulations that impact your business and help navigate issues you run into while operating your business.
If you have a question, you can reach the Legal Center Supportline by emailing here or by calling 800-634-2669 (800-NFIB-NOW).